Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Birding with my EF 70-200mm f4L

Been to Australia at 2010 to visit my bro who was staying there for good. Well... it was a quiet little place called Thornlie in Perth (Western Australia). Went to a pond and had quite a time shooting photos of some ducks and water fowls.

ISO: 400, S: 1/500, A: f/5.6

ISO: 400, S: 1/250, A: f/6.7

ISO: 400, S: 1/750, A: f/5.6

It is a pretty nice photoshooting session... I feel that I could have done better if I was to be at eye level with the ducks and fowls... maybe lying on the ground would have helped.


ISO: 400, S: 1/500, A: f/5.6

This photo would have been better if the Aperture is much smaller... then all of the ducks will be in focus, rather than the two infront.

ISO: 400, S: 1/400, A: f/6.7

Big fat black chicken (crow)... she was perched safely on the branch way above me... I just had to take some photos of her. Pretty cool... I mean the weather... it was near winter when we visited Australia.

Then we go Fremantle for some seafood and managed to shoot some photos of the seagulls.


ISO: 400, S: 1/8000, A: f/6.7

ISO: 400, S: 1/2000, A: f/5.6

I kind of like this pic alot... the composition works for me. I do not put that seagull right in the middle of the frame and instead threw it to the side... and also exposing some of the shadow. It is a pretty nice photo.

All other pic can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiew_cy/sets/72157626085792650/

It is a pretty nice experience in Australia and I will be going there again... this time round I will try landscaping shots. I think it can be very nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment