Monday, December 19, 2011

What I use when I am in the field?

Well... I tried to keep my setup as simple and lightest as possible...

First off... when I say, "In the field" I really mean when I am going to shoot wildlife photography... or animal in captivity.

I have not done a great deal of them lately, mainly because I am lazy... but what I normally take is as follows,

1) EF 300mm f4L + kenko x1.4 tele-converter
2) EF 70-200mm f4L
3) EF 100mm f2.8 macro
4) EF 50mm f1.8 II
5) Kenko x2 tele-converter
6) Opteka 500mm f6.2 mirror lens (not use anymore)
7) Sirui R2004 tripod + K20X ballhead
8) Manfrotto 680B monopod




ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/60sec
Aperture: f/10
Flash: used (off shoe)


Note that if I was to take macro shots, I will definitely use my external flash too. But at this present moment, the flash was already being utilized to take this photo, so I cannot show it. Anyway, the flash I use is the Yongnuo YN565EX flash with diffuser.

Anyway, this is a light setup and don't expect to go very far... for wildlife photography, many professional would have scoffed at this setup and they would prefer a 600mm and above lens. Well... I do not have that budget and so... yeah.

If I was to use my x2 tele-converter, I will lose all AF capability as was a trend in Canon if your lens started off lesser than a f4 aperture. That is one reason I seldom use the x2 tele-converter... anyway, pic quality will deteriorate pretty much so I don't like to use it, unless I have no choice at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment