Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Quick Review: Olympus OM 50mm f2.8 lens (An old legacy)

I have one of this baby laying around, taken from my dad's old Olympus OM-10. It is the OM mount lens, and so I have gotten myself an adapter from ebay.

This is an old lens... older than I am, but in very good condition and is excellent value... its focus ring is smooth and it is quite a bit heavier and larger than the Industar 50-2 lens. The grip is therefore better when compared to the Industar.

I like this lens and will not sold it for anything.

The lens is reasonable sharp.












As seen from the photos to the left, the sharpness is good for the 50mm. No problem at all.












The lens had relatively round bokeh that is pleasing to look at too.



I have taken this lens out for a spin and really like the result, CA is well controlled and sharpness is something that I have no complains about.









However, this is a manual lens, there is not such thing as AF in this lens, so it is a matter of getting use to the lens. With practice, taking shots of sports and fast moving objects shouldn't be a problem. Although I am still learning though... so no pic to post in this department.

I will come up with a second portion to include spec and a pic or two of this lens soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment