Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Quick Review, Industar 50-2 50mm f3.5, a small Russian gem

I had two of them in my dry cabinet and had used a bit of this lens in the past. It is a small lens... very very small indeed.

The Industar 50-2 50mm f3.5 lens is a gem... and a very easy to use lens. I loved it alot. This lens is a m42 screw mount lens so you would need an adapter to mount it to your camera brand.

Spec:

Focal length: 50mm (52mm actual)
Aperture: f/3.5 (max)
Optical constuction: 4 element in three groups
Dimension: 50mm x 19mm
Weight: 65g (almost negligible)
filter size: 36mm





As per the above photos, it is not difficult to realise how small that lens is... and one of the problem with it was that it is so small and my hand is so big that many a time when I move up to tune it... my fingers simply came up and block the front element.

Another problem was that it is so small... buying or getting a filter for it is almost impossible.

But this lens is sharp... very very sharp...


But the problem is... it is not a very fast lens, wide open it is only f3.5... as you can imagine with this type of aperture, it would make taking photo is dark environment pretty difficult.

But with practice, you should be able to get much out of it.




The above photos are that of my hyper active doggie... and the lens can still take very sharp image of her.

I didn't have too much practice on outside plants and stuff yet because of the weather. But in time, I will... and until then... I can say that I love this lens alot. It is an incredible piece of glass.


No comments:

Post a Comment