Thursday, December 8, 2011

So what lens to you use for street shooting?

Many newbies had asked this question... well... and so I will answer it.
Whatever works for you. And don't listen to those experts that had mention all this bullshits that you need a short lens whereby you can get more involve. Well... whatever you do that make you comfortable. Photography is suppose to be enjoyable and not suppose to be stressful. If you find that talking to your subject is not your forte, then forget it and just shoot without talking to them.

The basic law here is that when you are in a public area, you can shoot your photos at anything, unless there is a specific sign telling you not to (but you must observe if there is an otherwise law in different countries).

Anyway, just remember this basic rule, "Whatever you are not comfortable with, don't do it to other people."

My typical setup would be a DSLR with my 70-200mm f4L and my 28mm f2.8 lens. Many professionals or experts would have scoffed at me adopting the 70-200mm lens... well it is too far off and you cannot be as involved in the scene...

My point is... I don't care. I like my setup now and I am comfortable with it. So yeah.











Focal length: 100mm
















Focal length: 28mm

















Focal length: 200mm


Well the above three shots are taken from different focal length and I am able to achieve pleasing shots with all of them. So there actually is no limitation to whatever you wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment