Sunday, December 18, 2011

Of Tripod and Monopod

I have quite a few tripods and one monopod now... The tripods I used most was my Sirui R-2004 tripod and the free Canon tripod (good one) that came with the EOS 7D. I also have some cheapo tripod that was given to me free from past purchases of DSLR and mirrorless.

Also I bought myself a second hand Manfrotto 680B (3249B) monopod. This monopod weigh almost as much as my R-2004... but it is very very sturdy and I loved it alot... as a weapon, a walking stick and a support for my camera.

Alright... many would have asked me, why so many tripods?

The reason is simple, I don't have a light stand, and so my tripod double up as my light stand for me to hold my flash.

It is an important addition since recently I have taken into learning off shoe flash techniques, and the tripod is good for this purposes.

I have two flashes - a Yongnuo YN 565EX and a Canon 430EX II, and these flashes can be used for off shoe flash.

I am not saying that everyone needed to be like me... but it would be good that you actually invest in a good tripod and ballhead to being with.

I did, and I love my setup... they let me do almost anything... the only setback I can see is... the constant backache I will be suffering when I carry my setup out... they are not light...

No comments:

Post a Comment