Monday, December 26, 2011

Vacation Photos - Shantou China (Dec 2010) - Part 4

I remember pretty well that it is going to be a very tiring day... there are a couple of places that we are going to visit. But it is a very interesting day.

Well... this is another visit to the temple. This one is also a very old temple, but I doubt it is as old as the one that was built in Song Dynasty.

ISO: 200, S: 1/60, A: f/4

For the above shot, I used the flash to capture the picture. Using a low ISO to reduce noise and so have to use the flash to rise my speed up further. If I got the choice to shoot again, I will not hesitate to use a much higher ISO - maybe at ISO 1600 to ISO 3200 to give the pic an old grainy look.

ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/22

I am playing with shadow when I took this photo, purposely shooting at the structure with the sun directly hidden behind the shaft.... giving the shaft a halo.

ISO: 200, S: 1/60, A: f:3.5


ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/18


ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/3.5


Well... that conclude my trip to that temple... of course I had much more photos, but these few are a few that I liked most (the rest to be find here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiew_cy/sets/72157625961004231/)

After the temple visit and lunch, we made off to other location,


ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/10

Well... that is a typical Chinese fortress... and I find it much better looking than old European fortress...


ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/11

ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/11

Mum and my cousin posing for the shot well... the sun is behind and so the faces look like being covered in shadow. As I am getting more experience with photography, I realise that, I should have use the flash for a fill shot... well... live and learn.

We stopped at that area for a short while, before making way to the next place of interest.


ISO: 200, S: 1/320, A: f/11

This is a very man-made area... and it is not that old... it looked more like a theme park... something that I really don't appreciate much. But... well... since we are there, I decided to make the full of my visit. Afterall I am not getting there very often.

ISO: 200, S: 1/200, A: f/9

Shooting a road is boring, but shooting a road with people on it, and old artefacts at the side is pretty interesting. That is how I frame my shots. I do not have a UWA lens, so this is the best I can do on that occasion.

And if you go to a place that you really don't feel too excited about, what do you do? For me... do some candid until you find something interesting.


ISO: 200, S: 1/80, A: f/6.3

ISO: 200, S: 1/60, A: f/5.6

ISO: 200, S: 1/200, A: f/10


ISO: 200, S: 1/160, A: f/9

Okay... then I notice something interesting... ducks! They made good food and they are pretty cute.


ISO: 200, S: 1/200, A: f/10

The ducks look very tranquil and stressless as they swim in the pond.

We after that we will be moving off to the next destination. And I am pretty ready for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment