Saturday, December 24, 2011

Vacation Photos - Shantou China (Dec 2010) - Part 3

The day before was pretty fun... we visited two places... before heading back to my uncle's home. It was not really tiring... I am still year, despite being thirty plus already.

Well... we are not always going to very far places... even nearby locations can be pretty interesting.









ISO: 200, S: 1/100, A: f/11



Lighting is terrible, it was dark... and I didn't bring my 430EX II flash, so I am using my on camera flash and it was a direct shot, so the lighting became very harsh (note: don't ever do that again).

ISO: 200, S: 1/400, A: f/14
Well, it really is up to you to find interesting subject to shoot... like this duck who was seemingly very interested at something on the branches... and,

ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/11
There he goes jumping up to investigate. Well... for this shot, it happened pretty fast, so I set my speed to be relatively fast, you got to predict the speed of your subject. In actual fact 1/250 sec is good enough for the duck. To prevent getting off focus shots especially at this type of shot, I set a low aperture so that it would have a deeper DOF, which will ensure that more of my scene will be in focus.

Well... I have always peached... get the expression of the animal... all of them have very good expression... well... in this case, it was a dog that is afraid of me. She had been hiding when I went there...

ISO: 200, S: 1/100, A: f/7.1


Well... to note, we have never abuse any animal... I would have wanted to stroke the dog... but she is a dog and she had fangs... I don't appreciate having a piece of me being biten off my body. So... yeah. One thing about photography... it is to take care of yourself.

ISO: 200, S: 1/100, A: f/10

Animals are interesting subject to shoot... they always was... however for most of my shots this time round, I was standing up and shooting down. It was not a good way to do things, you need to be at eye level most of the time. So... in future, I will try to be on the ground, and as low as possible.

Well... animal is great subjects. So was structures...

ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/16


Taking photo of a bridge and the bridge alone, is boring. So I shoot with my mum in my frame. It give a perspective of the height of the bridge and she mustn't be too near me, to give a reference to the distance... making the bridge look longer.

ISO: 200, S: 1/250, A: f/10

ISO: 200, S: 1/400, A: f/10

Well we didn't go alot of places this time round, and so I only have a few photos to share. All these are taken with careful thoughts in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment